Monday, October 11, 2010

The Lil' Things!


First of all, I love that I can say that I am a mom.  For so long I never even thought of having babies.  All the baby having was for my friends and not for me.  I think I even just silently accepted what I thought was to be, which, was that I would not have babies.  Well, I was wrong, and for that I am grateful.
Toys. Our house should be called "Toys Underfoot and Everywhere Else".  When I was single and determined that I would remain childless I hated those toys that my friends had for their children.  I couldn't stand seeing all those bright colors that matched absolutely nothing in their home.  These toys were annoying and just gawdy.  Also, those toys were everywhere. I used to think to myself that I would keep all the toys in one little area if I were them.  I would make sure that no toys were ever in the living area or anywhere in the house except the toy room.  I love going over those really dumb thoughts that I had.  I live in a giant jungle gym these days.  The house is overrun with toys, stuffed animals and cars of all shapes and sizes.  The other day I even went to work with a toy in my apron.   Don't ask because I have no idea how it got there.  That's one of the things I love the most about being a mom - finding toys that little hands dropped into my apron or into the fridge when nobody is looking.  I mean how cute can it get!  This would have bothered me back in the day before I changed a thousand diapers, but not now.  I even love all the noises from the toys (most of the time).  So, in other words, I have graciously, if not embraced the toys...not all of them, but most of them!

All in all, I can't imagine my life without my babies.  God has blessed me and opened up my life to a world I would have never known without my children.  I love my life as a mom and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Lffe is Good!

1 comment:

  1. Toys.. AHHH!!! LOL! Jk. I used to know every song to every little toy. And, they really don't bother me either! I play the "block it out" game when I am watching a show or something. But other than that, I couldn't agree more. Being a mommy has been the best life and experience ever! :) Luv ya girl!

    ReplyDelete